05. About Me & Contact

Hi! I am from Yokohama, a hometown famous for its large Port and impressive China Town …. a bit like Liverpool. Born on the same day as Sandy Denny passed away (21 April 1978), have always held a passion for art and music.

As a child I loved classical music and played the flute in an orchestra but my 15th birthday present from Mum, the Beatles ‘Red Album’, started an interest in rock music. It was 1994, Brit Pop was wowing the world and a rock fan was born.

After completing post grad studies in Educational/Cognitive Psychology, I worked for a TV production company in London for a bit. Now back in Japan, I'm working in Tokyo (not for TV things any more) and looking for something interesting :)

My spare time is filled with round the world trips to see my favouite musicicians play live. Drawing the pictures afterwards comes naturally.

I hope you enjoy my work and most of all, share the passion for the music!

Further info or if you are interested in my drawings please leave a message via myspace or you can email me at bko_yumiko at hotmail.com.
Cheers :)
Yumi